Saturday, September 1, 2012

Order in the Court

I cannot believe I left this one out. If you remember from a previous post, I told about the crack whore that I found in my house. Well, that night - her car was parked in my garage and I walked up to it and tried to open the door, but it was locked. So, I peaked in .... there was bags full of my stuff packed in that nasty girl's car. After I filed an EPO (the first time) on Brent, I filed something to have that "thing" return my items that she stole.

A few weeks, maybe even a month later, I kept receiving this weird number on my home phone and cell phone. I didn't know who it was, so I didn't answer. A few days later, I received a FedEx package inviting me to the Judge Jeanine Pirro show. Honestly, I thought it was some kind of joke. My mom and I laughed about it and went on about our day.

Finally, the phone rang again with that strange number, so I answered. On the other end was a man who explained he was from the show and gave me a quick background: "Jeanine Ferris Pirro is a former prosecutor, judge, and elected official from the state of New York, who is currently a legal analyst and television personality. We came across a case that was filed in Louisville, Kentucky by you and wanted to invite you to our show. Basically what happens is we try the case in our court room. Judge Pirro serves as an "arbitrator" (dispute solver), and awards the litigants monetary judgments, of up to $5000, which is paid in full by the program's producers. That way it saves you from going after this girl when she doesn't pay. We will pay for your flight to Chicago, along with your lodging, and even give you money to help with the food and other expenses. So, what do you say? Are you in?" I started laughing and this guy continued "What is so funny? This is all legit. Did you get my FedEx package?" At this point, I had no idea what to think, so I responded with "I don't know. I mean you do know that this chick is a ....." The guy started laughing, "What? A crack hoe?!? Yeah, I saw the case file. That's why we want this case on our show. It will really benefit you though.." For about a minute or so, we both were laughing and he continued "How about this? I will call the crack hoe and see if we can get her agreement to be on the show. That way it will give you more time to think about it. But, you really need to consider this - it's a free vacation." The only thing I really remember that was going through my head was "what in the hell".

As fun as it sounded, I was still a mother of three young children - with the youngest being less than six weeks old. So, when the guy called back - I let it go to voicemail. When I didn't respond to his 5,000 calls, he sent another FedEx package. This time, it included a contract for me to sign and return and more information on the show. I felt it was only right to call him back and give him an appropriate response. When he answered, I explained that although his offer was very generous, this was still my life. In reality, it was such an embarrassment and I wasn't ready to go so public. He was a persistent little man, but eventually he gave up.

Around that time, I was working with Brent to get him help and shipped off to a rehab. I told him about my offer and I remember him saying "You should do that. I will be your witness and testify against her. Come on! It's a chance for us to get away - just me & you." My thoughts were like "Seriously, what makes you think I would want to go anywhere with your cheating ass?!? You're the reason I'm in this predicament anyway, you crack head. Besides that, we are parents you freak - our children come first!" And that was that!

My biggest mistake was to believe that sending him off to rehab would do the trick. He wasn't ready .... he still isn't. Until he's broke, he will never hit rock bottom to even think about being ready. I wish I would have known that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment