Sunday, September 23, 2012

Figuring It Out After the Storm

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. There's never a dull moment in this household. Our weekend skated through without a hitch. My Dad's surgery went well and he's back at home recovering. We have a feeling that he'll be out jumping around like crazy before we know it.

During one of our visits, yesterday actually, at the hospital, Marissa was walking and the floor material shifted and down she went head first. This child had a good egg protruding from her forehead. It looked a lot worse then it really was. When the nurse came in to check on my dad, I asked her what she thought. She said as long as she's not sick and her pupils are the same, that we should be in good shape. It was a struggle to keep ice on it, but this morning the swelling went down and is just a big shiny bruise. I guess someone better check the floor and make sure its OK after that hard head hit it. Lol!

Casie's soccer game was adorable. These kids, even though they are only Kindergartners, they were really good. It was so cute to see how excited their little faces got when they made a good play.

Tommy has really come a long way with his school work this year. I notice him doing things that he wouldn't do before. When I got all excited and cheered him on, it obviously wasn't so cool. So, this morning when I saw him holding his pencil the right way, I refrained myself and just watched in amazement. His teacher is so awesome and is really making a difference.

This morning we attended church where my father goes because there was a mass being offered in memory of my Great Uncle. And I am happy to say, my kids were well behaved and no skin was shown! It was also so sweet to see them and their cousin take up the gifts as a group. That was one of my prouder moments, especially compared to last week's episode. (LOL!!)

Today has been kind of a chill out day. It makes things so much easier the next morning, when we have things laid out and ready to go.

Brent stopped calling, thank goodness. I don't know what his problem is. Isn't there such thing as a friendly divorce?? Guess not! Or at least not in this situation. It's funny though how many people were so excited to hear of a marriage being final.

I have to admit though, I'm also filled with a lot of disappointment and anger towards the ones that were as useless as could be during this whole process. Guess it's time I learn how to deal with those feelings and let them go. It can only be self-destructive if I don't.

Learning to accept those people for who they are, who they've always been, and that it's them that has to live with being the selfish individuals they are. I understand that everyone has their own life, but when you know someone who you supposedly "love" is suffering - throw them a freakin' bone sometime. I just need to either stay away from them or accept them for the piece of shit I feel that they are!

Channeling and coping with feelings is a lot harder for me then anything. I pride myself in the fact that I'm always trying to do the right thing, I try to help others when I can, and I'm respectful towards people - no matter if I agree or disagree with their beliefs. Children learn from example and that's how I want my children to be. So, for me to teach them how to deal with disappointment in life, like this situation for example, I need to figure it out myself and just deal with it.

God Bless and Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment