Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bourbon Distilleries of the Bluegrass

I can not begin to tell you how excited I was last night. Tommy was playing with some kind of puzzle and about a half hour later, he said "look mama". I was in shock!! He made this puzzle into a perfect cube. It's nothing like that - it's just your normal flat puzzle. I don't know how he did it, but I was so proud of him!! His teacher that he has is so awesome. She told me that she would be working with him and I can already see a difference!!

The judge hasn't made a ruling, but I'm OK with that. Obviously, I want to put this all behind me, but since it's such a complicated case I can respect his time.

I'm so excited to have a girl's day out this weekend. These don't come often, so I'm going to take full advantage of it. It's going to be some of my children's friend's moms, which I've become friends with and they are all super cool and one of my dear cousin. Can't wait!

I've been doing a lot of packing around the house. It's crazy how much crap can get accumulated over such a short period of time. It's a great time to get rid of a lot of stuff and re-evaluate. As a single mother, I've really learned how to stretch a dollar. For example, my children are huge book reader's ... you can only read a story so many times. Instead of constantly picking it up after they got their use out of it, there's a half price bookstore that will give you cash for it - along with DVDs and Cd's. Granite, it's not that much, but every little bit helps. There's also a children's store that buys gently used clothes and toys. When they grow out of it, you can sell it and what they don't take donate. It's beneficial to both you and the person buying it, as well as the donation can be wrote off on taxes. Even if you don't get that much, you can at least look at it as it's junk out of your house that normally would be sitting around collecting dust. There's a lot of other ways to earn a little here and there, but I won't bore you with details.

If you aren't familiar with Kentucky, there is a lot to do around here. We house a lot of distilleries that will allow you to tour and see the different steps in creating some of the well known bourbons. Like, Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, and Heaven Hill to name a few. The September 2010 issue of National Geographic Traveler includes the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in its "Drives of a Lifetime — The World's Greatest Scenic Routes". I have personally been to Maker's Mark and you actually get to dip your own bottle. Sounds dumb, but it's actually kind of cool! If you would like more information, I would definitely recommend this website to check out: Kentucky Bourbon Trail http://kybourbontrail.com/.

Anyway, I like to share this kind of information on my blog because there's so many different people from all over the globe reading it and I would like them to know how special our state is! With that being said, God Bless and Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment