Follow by Email

Thursday, January 26, 2012

RIP Pops

Today started off amazing even though we woke up late. After taking the kids to school, Marissa and I came home and played around the house. Then, I got to go for an hour long massage that was phenomenal and way over due. But, then our day took a turn for the worse. Marissa kept getting sicker and sicker and I ended up taking her to the doctor. Thank goodness she is now on antibiotics and on the road to recovery. 

Some very useful information came across today, I found who the Black Charger that's been at the marital residence belongs to. It's actually titled in two names - a man and woman with the same last name and their home address is in Lincoln, Illinois. For some reason, this name sounds very familiar to me, but I have yet to start my research.

I was able to link my blog with some social media sites including Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, and I will continue with more as soon as I have an opportunity to. Some of these sites are confusing to me, so I'm still trying to figure it out, so bare with me.

On Twitter this morning, I got 143 followers after Dr. Leah Klungness from singlemommyhood mentioned the site. I was excited and enjoyed reading some of the tweets. On Pinterest, I made some connections and even had the site re-pinned. I'm still not really sure what that means. (laughing) And our total hits are at 5,191, including the following countries: United States, Russia, Germany, United Kingdom, India, Malaysia, Argentina, Honduras, Israel, and Netherlands. I'm so excited with these results and want to take moment to thank everyone for dedicating your time. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Now I would like to share a story about my Father-In-Law that I cherish. When Casie, our first born, entered into this world we decided to have her baptized in the Catholic Church. A few days before the actual date of the ceremony, Pops and his girlfriend drove down from Michigan and stayed at our house. It was the first time I met this woman, she was stunning, a very pretty lady. I enjoyed staying up late with her and having girl talk. We immediately formed a bond. One day, I was making lunch for everyone and Casie started to cry. My father in law tried his best to entertain her, but wasn't successful. I picked her up and rocked her a bit to calm her down, then turned to him and asked "do you want to hold her?". In a way, I felt it was weird that he didn't hold her at that point. All of a sudden, his confidence turned into a little timid which is totally out of character for this man. He answered with, "Oh no, I haven't held a baby in 4-ever, I wouldn't even know how ...." he was still talking and I walked over to him and handed him my sweet baby and said "Here, it's just like riding a bike." After he had a tight squeeze on her, I turned and continued to cook. It was the sweetest thing ever! From that moment, he didn't want to ever put her down and she would look up at him and smile. It was a very special moment for all of us. And still to this day, Casie always asks me to tell her that story. And every time, she sits and listens like it's her first time ever hearing it. 

During my Father In Law's last days, he wanted to hold Casie and Tommy (Marissa wasn't born yet). He was so excited that our little boy would be carrying on his last name. And he was so proud of ALL of his grandchildren and would brag about every one of them if anyone would give him the chance to.

Sometimes something happens that reminds me of him and I want to be able to talk to him. Even though I can't, I know what most of his responses would be. May his soul rest in peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment