Thursday, January 24, 2013

Status Call

I was excited, thought I was feeling better and then bam - exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks! This sucks! So, here I lay with my little boy watching Tom and Jerry, as Marissa prances around in a million different princess dresses. I would die for an ounce of that energy. Casie is still at school and should be home soon. Having children is a true blessing, especially when you are feeling down in the dumps - they always know how to make you smile.

I'm sitting here thinking about Brent's mom. This is weird. She sent the children a Christmas card with $5 each. They called to say thank you and when she was finished, she asked to speak to me. In a way, I felt sorry for her because I know what I went through with a spouse - I can't imagine going through it with a child. The conversation was about 10 minutes long and really all she wanted to know was what was going on. When I hung up, I felt I would do the right thing and send her a Christmas card back along with the children's school pictures. A few weeks went by and I didn't hear anything, until the phone rang at about 9:30/10:00 at night. It was her from her cell phone. Keep in mind, this woman only uses her phone for emergencies. There was a bad connection and the call was disconnected after a few hellos. Immediately, she called back ... this went on about 2 or 3 more times. We never did talk, but the following day I left her a message wondering if she was ok.

Deep down, I wondered if she was calling me to tell me Brent overdosed or something. Whatever it was, she still hasn't called back. The whole thing was weird, but I was proud of myself. I knew that no matter what kind of news she was delivering, was out of my control. If he were to OD, my sadness would be for my children mourning the loss of their "father". It certainly wouldn't be for me losing him - those tears have shed the last tear. But, the whole situation was strange and now I'm thinking its best to completely cut ties with that whole group of people. If you seriously think about it, my children could see any of those people on the street and not know who any of them are. The only thing they would be losing is their cards and phone calls twice a year. I'm willing to live with that. And I think they are too. However, if my children ever ask I will be honest and give them any information they may be seeking.

Anyway, with all that aside - I would like to give a status update as far as the blog goes. I haven't did that in a while, and people are starting to ask. So, here's the latest numbers: 23,614 hits. The countries include United States, Russia, Canada, United Kingdom, Argentina, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Ukraine, France, Australia, Austria, China, South Korea, Italy, and a few others. I hope that this story can help someone out there dealing with the same thing I am. And please know that I appreciate the support!

God Bless and Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment