Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Here it is, my favorite holiday of the year - February 14th, Valentine's Day. In some places around the world, especially across the United States, its a tradition to exchange flowers, candies, and gifts with the ones you love, all in the name of St. Valentine. I'm honored to have three - Casie, Tommy, and Marissa. This morning as they ate their breakfast, I handed them each a bag that was filled with their favorite candy, a stuffed animal, and stickers. It was nothing fancy, rather simple and not costly. But, their hearts filled with excitement and, to me, that was priceless! 

It's been awhile since I last wrote and so much has taken place. I had an appointment with my Endocrinologist, who routinely follows my thyroid condition. Apparently the levels are out of whack and my medicine had to be tweaked. Hypothyroidism is no joke, and quite frankly it's really becoming a pain in the butt! In case you aren't familiar, it's a condition characterized by abnormally low thyroid hormone production. It affects growth, development, and many cellular processes, inadequate thyroid hormone has widespread consequences for the body. I was diagnosed with this in 2007, after Casie was born. Apparently, it's hereditary and as far as I can trace it back is to my father and his mother.  Most of the symptoms that I experience is extreme fatigue, weakness, weight gain and increased difficulty losing weight, dry skin, hair loss, depression, and abnormal menstrual cycle. My doctor has ordered me to undergo an ultrasound to determine if my thyroid needs to be removed. Hopefully, if that's the case, this can happen before my insurance is cut off. 

Casie attended the Father / Daughter Dance with my Dad and really enjoyed herself. While she was at school, a delivery came from her father. It was red and purple roses with a note saying something like "Enjoy your first Father Daughter Dance. I'm sorry I can't be there. Love, Daddy". It was a nice gesture and it made Casie excited. So, after she was all dolled up, I sent a picture of her to him that said "Thanks for the flowers. Love, Casie" I felt it was the right thing to do. After all, he is the father and I felt he at least deserved to see what she looked like. And maybe a little nudge of "straighten up, this is what you are missing out on". Despite how I feel about him, I do want him to clean up his act and become a better person - not just for my kids, but all six of his kids.

I met with my attorney last week and we reviewed a few letters sent over from Brent's attorney. First was a child support payment. Yay! Next was a letter suggesting that I needed to stop driving by the marital residence and signing Brent up for drug treatment centers. Whoa! Wait! Back the truck up, seriously?!? Yes, I drove by the house a couple of times - 1 to see if the house had a for sale sign and 2 because I was told that he was moving my stuff out and moving some one else in. Believe me, whoever has him now can keep him. But, considering that's a direct violation of two court orders that no one is to reside in the home until my name has been removed from the deed and that nothing is to be removed from the home unless agreed upon or court mandated. Other then that, why would I waste my time?? As far as the treatment centers - its clever, but I didn't do it. My hands are full as a single mother of three and I have far better things to do in my spare time. So, my attorney fired a letter back stating the obvious and then that pursuant to the court order I am able to do a walk through of the home to check inventory and current conditions. Not that I really want to enter the home, but it would be in my best interest since I'm still legally responsible. Oh, and by the way - Brent's tools and Grandmother's silver was left with my attorney for him to pick up. One less thing off my plate.

Two other deliveries arrived at my current residence during this time. One being a certified letter of notice of a foreclosure suit. Brent hasn't made a payment since May 2011 and I have 20 days to respond. Lovely! My next delivery was yesterday - roses and a teddy bear. As my children looked with surprise and curiosity, they asked if it was from Daddy. My instinct was to share a very special story with them. When I was pregnant with Tommy, we were torn between a few names. Brent sent me flowers and a teddy bear, which he did quite often, The tag on the bottom of said bear said really big "Tommy". I guess it was the brand or something, but I took it as a sign that's what my little man's name was supposed to be. And, so it was. They loved the story and went about their business. My Mom, however, said "Are you going to turn the cheek and send him a text thanking him for the roses?" I smiled and said, "Oh mother! That was my biggest problem, I turned my cheek so much that when I was looking away he was banging anything that walked. So, that's a big hell to the no!" We laughed and went about the day. Weird though, huh? Brent must have a frequent flyer card at the florist for all his women. I just wish my name wasn't affiliated with such a thing.

The inlaws stopped the communication, which is perfectly fine with me. Like I said before, I didn't know them before or during my marriage with Brent, so connecting after the fact really didn't make sense to me. So, no love loss there. I do still miss my Father-In-Law though. He was a good man! And as far as my step-children, I talk to my children all the time about them. That's their siblings and they love each of them. My step-daughter and I always shared a special bond and still do to this day. 

It turns out the book deal seemed a little sketchy, so I don't believe I will pursue it at this time. But, my blog is going strong and that's my focus, following after my family, of course.

Happy Valentine's Day to all. Be sure to tell your loved ones how much you care for them and always treat them well. God Bless & Much Love!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment