Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Freaks Come Out At Night

So, you are probably wondering why I happened to fall off away from blog world. Well, the answer is simple. Brent!

My dear friends helped me land a new job. Even though the position is only temporary, it was in my best interest to come off the blog in hopes that he wouldn't find me or know about the new position. I was torn between emotions. At first, I was so excited to get back at it. Yet, on the other hand, I had been a stay at home since Casie was born. It was hard to wake up one day and realize that someone else would be getting my kids up in the morning - making sure they were dressed appropriately, do the girl's hair, make sure they brushed their teeth, feed them breakfast - but, most of all, it was that drive to school every morning that I miss the most. We talked about so much, sometimes they would sing and laugh, and then seeing them jump out and head into school with smiles on their face is a proud moment for any parent. But, I knew that in order to support them and give them the life they deserve, this is something I had to do. It was hard getting used to working full time and going to school full time, but things started to fall into place and I knew I made the right decision. Within a few short weeks, this girl is debt free!!!

I was so excited to see some familiar faces from my past at my new job. Working in a large corporation, it's easy to access the address book and look people up. Apparently, that's what someone did. Brent found out where I was. He sent me a text page as an unverified sender. Basically, what that means is he goes into my cell phone carrier's website and types in a number to send a text. Since it doesn't come directly from the phone, it will register as that number but state that it's "unverified". It read, "If you want a job there, send me your resume. Lol!" What an idiot!!!

Days following that, my phone blew up with phone calls from mental hospitals and eating disorder clinics responding to entries that he entered online. I mean, seriously .... a 45 year old man doing this?!?! First off, you have to wonder is his life really that pathetic that he has nothing better to do? Secondly, he must be a few fries short of a happy meal to do something like this. So, I'm wondering if he's high on his drugs or off his meds!!! Something is up! This isn't the first time he did this either. I mean, his message is loud and clear - he thinks I'm fat and mental. But, behaving like a child isn't really saying much for him, now is it?!?!

He didn't pay his back child support, or do anything else the court ordered for that matter, so we are scheduled to go back to court over that on the 12th. According to our divorce decree, he will be sentenced to 6 months in jail. That could be the best thing that ever happens to him. Especially, if they lose the key.

Then, there was the Domestic Violence trial. That was a joke!!!! And I'm sorry, but I do question our justice system. As my aunt and I walked through the corridor, Brent snapped a picture with his cell phone of our back sides. I don't get what that was about. Maybe he was taking it to show his friends my fat ass. But, I was freaked out. He is crazy and sort of freaking pervert!!!! Apparently, the Commonwealth of Kentucky and his attorney hashed out a deal without even talking to me. Back to rehab and Seven Counties he goes. In the meantime, he can continue to harass the shit out of me.

That night, my cell phone rang in the middle of the night. I was half asleep, so I didn't get it. Seconds later, the home phone rang. I knew it must be something bad, so I jumped up. It was my oldest sister.

"CC, are you ok?!?! The alarm company just called me and said there is trouble in the house."
"No, everything is fine ... the dogs aren't barking and it's not going off."
"Well, stay put - the police are on their way."

Moments later, the police arrived in multiple cars. I opened the door and told them that I didn't know what was going on. The alarm wasn't going off, but would check around the inside. He told me that the house appeared to be secure and to call back if we needed anything. As soon as they pulled off, the home phone rang .... the number showed an Elizabethtown number, which is a town about an hour south of Louisville. My mom and I both answered and there was his voice on the other end .... his sheepish "Hello" ... but, when he realized my mom was on the phone as well, he passed it to someone else. The guy said "I got the wrong number, my bad." and hung up. I thought, do I call the police back?!? Nope! Instead I called that number back, it was a "non-working number". Interesting, huh? Since I can't prove it - I have to pretend it didn't happen. Cute, huh??

Because of the picture, he's being held in contempt .... so back to court on the 29th. Put yourself in my shoes, starting a new job and having to ask off for this ignorant shit!!! I'm sure that makes me look really good. Luckily, the people I work with are very cool and understanding. It's still embarrassing though. Finally, I had enough. I changed my damn number!!! Life has been so peaceful without all the "blocked" and "anonymous" calls. My next move is to delete my email account. Since he will no longer know where I reside, it's less likely to deal with his sorry ass! Hopefully!

My kids and I will be doing a lot of traveling in the weeks to follow. We are so excited to be able to move on and get on with life. Although there's still a lot to sort out, I feel better knowing that my children will one day realize who was both "mommy and daddy" to them.

I will continue on with my blog, but please understand that with my current schedule, I will not be able to post as often as I would like. I hope everyone had a great Halloween!!!! God Bless to All and of course, much love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment